Saturday, June 10, 2006

Yarn-addiction Post

....aaaahhhhh (read that as a comforting sigh) ....

Dh was talking with a co-worker about my current love of 'higher priced than Walmart acrylic yarns ... if they're over $5.00 a ball he calls them the "Albino - endangered - Rabbit fur yarn" and the guy mentioned that his wife works at a local yarn store..... hmmm he says... where is it, maybe my wife knows it... ha guess what... I didn't, and the sweet dear that he is he came home and told me about the place I haven't yet been too....

Well me being me I says: "So you're taking me there Saturday right? Because I'd love to see it... maybe they have friendlier people that the current Snobby LYS I go to."
DH: "Sure."
Me: "I just want to look you know."
DH: "Ah-ya right!"
Me: "Well... will ya take me."
DH: "Okay"

So I sit the last day or so and think about the yarn store... like I have nothing better to do right?! And then I talk to my (dear sweet child) DSC#2's mom tonight and tell her I'd love to make something for the baby.... because well DSC#1 and DSC#3 receive many of my test projects and she says well... something like this or this or this would be perfect... you know I'd love something you made for the baby because well its from you....

So at midnight I get off the phone with her and think to myself I saw something like this a couple days ago... and hmmmm where could it be.... a quick search and I know what yarn I want to buy at that yarn store tomorrow....

I want to make this...Katja in this yarn..... Well low and behold... this yarn store is supposed to have it....

So now I can sit back and relax,.... know what I want to buy and how much I need - though I might buy a couple extras... as I could make that top into a cute little dress instead... (or I could make a duplicate for DSC#3 as well....)

Mental note.... Best deal I can get on this yarn is $48.75 for 10 balls of this yarn (what would I do with 10 balls?) from http://Discountyarnsale.com/

No comments: