Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Ramblings and Groanings

I always have trouble logging into Blogger! *sigh* So why should today be any different.

The New Knitty is up! :) YAY! I may try the Doddy or the Eco-Friendly fairy in the yarn I have kicking around... both sound interesting. Or I may spend some time finishing the projects I've got on the go! LOL!

The little one is now 4 days shy of her 2nd birthday. There are questions as to whether she will live that long. Is there something magical about the age of 2 that makes them incredibly clumsy? I'm serious. She'll be sitting on a chair drawing one minute, I turn around to look for another pencil and hear crash... and she is on the floor, on her belly wailing.

The Stokke (kinderzeat - which doesn't have the 5 pt harness) we used for our older dd is like a menacing wall of danger to the little one... don't ask me how! So that has been put away just because the number of accidents went from 1 periodically to 3 a day... and I didn't change anything except the time marched on! My sanity just couldn't take it anymore! So she uses a regular chair - she's tall enough!

She took a sippy of water from me and went over to the table, where the chair was slightly out - enough for her to get up to the table... did I mention she is fiendishly independent?..... anyway she sets the water on the table, and I move over to help - I'm a step away from reaching her (she moves quick) she is climbing on to the chair... crash... followed by the "OMG I'm REALLY hurt" squeal. Literally not even a millisecond later, a quick glance in her mouth as I peel her off the floor indicates blood. Lovely charming gushing mouth cuts! Teeth, Cheek, Gums, or God I hope not the Tongue? The cry of a baby with the wind sucked out of her... yes she is hurting... and pretty bad. She won't let me look... okay I'll keep calming her some more. "I wan bankie" Meanwhile the 6 yr old saw the commotion has run pale faced and hid under my computer desk down the hall. "Mae? Can you bring her Bankie?" she does.... good sister! Must remember to have her help when she can!

A couple seconds with Bankie and she is calming right down. "Will you let me look?"
Little: "No."
Me: "I need to find where the blood is coming from."
Little: "No."
Me: "Does it hurt?"
Little: "mm-mm" (the no sound too quick - translate Little-ese- "yes.")
Me: "Your teeth?"
Little: "No"
Me: "Your cheek?"
Little: "No"
Me: "Your tongue?"
Little: "mm hmm" (yes)
Me: "I need to see. Stick your tongue out at Mae" she does.... puncture wounds... gah... oh well at least the blood is stopped.

Add that to the list of injuries she has incurred in the last few days.... if record holds up right she should have a nice bruise on her head in time for her birthday - only because I'd really like a nice 2 yr old picture of her!

*sigh*
What's your vote? does she make it to 2?

No comments: