Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

Happy New Year! :)

Cliche - 2007 went by so fast.

I generally don't do New Years Resolutions anymore instead I make a list of things I'd like to accomplish and slowly work my way through them see sidebar for my progress! LOL!

As always get fit and lose weight is at the top of that list but with Christmas just passed I've got my hooks (& needles) on the notion of doing a handmade Christmas... hey family if you're reading put your order in now LOL there is no telling what I might come up with ! *GRIN*

With that I was well I'm hoping to burn through some of my stash so I can upgrade. 20 yr old yarn isn't fun to work with anymore! (have I said that before??)

Well my first project that I can share is a Swiffer type mop cover. I'm tired of the funky smell of the cloths I buy, I'm tired of trashing them after one use and want to go back to the multi-use concept and yes despite the drought my city is facing I'm going back to cloth diapers too. *Sniff* Single use products don't sit with me anymore. So if these work out I'll be set.

The yarn in the pic to the left here is a 100% cotton, worsted weight. The blue thing for those that don't loom is a knifty knitter loom. The idea for this cloth came from a brief glance I had of someone who had knit and buttoned a cotton cloth onto their swiffer. The pattern for this cloth came from Canadian Crafter. Here is another Sheep of a Different Color and one hakucho more for good measure!

Also on my list of things to do is crochet some shopping bags out of my stack of grocery bags that I have here. So things are moving along! :)

No comments: