Sunday, April 12, 2009

UFO Diving

As mentioned before this month is dedicated to clearing up the UFOs.

I've come to the realization that UFOs are robbers of time, space, money and sanity! Unfinished projects mean money committed to something that I couldn't be bothered to finish the first time around - so I have a ton of money sitting in my closets keeping my clothes company - not the ideal place to store money, eh??!! My logic says this could be gifts, or simply stuff that could be put to use ... and if I won't use it then maybe I could put it out the pasture, recycle the project and save money on the yarn for something I might actually appreciate more!

So here we go on a treasure hunt.... buried treasure... just like a pirate, me-thinks! Don the obligatory pirate hook, patch and pirate hat we're going in matey's.

Closet Diving UFO Mission#1, turned up a Curly Purly Soaker started back when S was about 1 - she's now 3 and potty trained ... I'll need to judge it and decide if I'm going to frog it and start it again, or if I'll keep going and store it for when "Probie" is big enough to wear it!

Knitting Basket Diving UFO Mission #2, turned up a Coronet that I started for M a couple years ago when she complained that her winter hats itched her head too (big head lollipop kid! LOL!) I have most of the band done, and just need to get it to the right size so I can begin the top... this should be pretty quick, once I figure out where I'm at in the pattern! :)

New Project #3, I committed to making a blanket for an online friend who is due a month after I am. I just found out she's having a little boy... so my crochet project for the month is for her. Its pretty simple obviously, but I like it that way and it fits my purpose!

I figure 2 UFOs and one new project should offer me enough variety to keep me going!

No comments: