Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Project Spectrum

I found something that appealed to me in a simplistic way today. "The idea of Project Spectrum is simply a celebration of the colors around us, and taking the time to notice them."

I'm pleased to say that I have already done my project for March for it. I don't use much red, but funny I found lots of red in the things happening yesterday. This is one of the grocery bags I've been sewing though this one isn't for me... The red fabric was just too fun to work and play with, it very pretty. It has an Asian flare - the black is actually silhouettes of possibly Asian woment. The fabric shopping bags are based on a "T" store shopping bag and I followed the directions here. The grocery bags are deliciously simple to make and in under 2 weeks of use have drastically cut down on our plastic grocery bag consumption, which is a bonus!




It strikes me as a little odd that my 2 yr old little girl is madly in love with the image of Spiderman, but hey they're only young once... she has no clue who or what Spiderman is as she's never seen the "real deal" on tv or in the movies.... but this just fits with the perfection of RED this month! :) Complete outfit here. Spidey Shoes, and Spidey Jammies. And for the record... the spiders themselves are really Charlotte (from Charlotte's Web - the story) or so she tells me! *GRIN* I don't know who the man is beyond creepy! :)

No comments: