Sunday, May 18, 2008

Oz and the Wicked Witch

It was somewhat of a coincidence that I started reading The Wizard of Oz to the girls around the same time I started reading Wicked. It was fascinating to read them simultaneously as you could pick out the paralells between them as I think the author of Wicked intended ! Let me just say that Mr. Maguire spins a good yarn based on some of the original characters in the original story!

I'd get into discussing it but I don't want to spoil it for others, so I will have to suffice it by saying that the character development was good, and I like the way the story is spun the other way. It kind of lead credence to the way the movie presented Oz, to really be a terrible man.

Anyway good book if you haven't read it, though it takes a while to slog through the beginning parts it was worth taking it out from the library 3 times! LOL!

And, of course, every little girl must have a pair of sparkly red shoes, my kids just happen to be on the 2nd and 4th pair! LOL! The question is are the shoes really enchanted??!

No comments: