I guess I'll start with the reasons I gave up traditional in the first place.
1. Lack of time. (Its amazing what happens when the kids grow a little!)
2. Glue - I think I hate gluing. now I know I'm still doing this wrong, but inevitably when you use glue - think school glue (yes I'm that clueless! LOL!) - the pages warp and loose their nice crispness, so I think I need different types of adhesives.... but what adhesives does a scrapper use and where do I find it?
- If I want to glue one background to another what do I use for adequate coverage?
- If I want to glue just a small thing to a page, what do I use for that?
- If I want to raise something - for dimension - what do I use?
4. Being Cheap and lack of storage - I look at my friend's scrapbooking supplies and tools and think - gah with sewing, knitting and kids already in our space where would I find that space for this and still keep my house organize (not that it currently is - but shhhhh let me dream!)
5. Where to find supplies? I don't know, I think dh would have a heart attack if I went supplies shopping to scrapbook! LOL! I mean I walked out of Joann's the other day with $100 worth of stuff (fabric, scrapbook papers, a specific scrapbook.) Joann's, Michaels and Walmart aren't the best places to get supplies either..... but all the online places make me want to hide my wallet!
So I'm thimking hybrid. No storage, except for tools, but printer ink gets expensive!
All this because FIL gave us this cool gift a while ago and lord knows dh and I won't ever use it - but in this months' Scrapbooks etc magazine, they had a cool way idea, and of course one idea leads to another and now I need advice on how to traditional in order to use it!
I really should just stop picking up magazines on a whim!
So who wants to teach me tradition scrapbooking??! LOL!