Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy Happy New Year to all my favourite readers - whether you comment or not. May 2009 be a prosperous year for all of you and may the year bring luck and health to all your families and friends. From our house to yours Good Health and Good Cheer.

So, 2009 is finally here. 2008 has been a busy and learning year. I joined a book reading board in July 2008 and attempted to read 100 books by Dec 31, 2008. I only made it to 19, but I didn't join til July. There were more books than just what is listed on this list.... so its really not a fair or accurate description of what we/I have read! LOL! Anyway without further adieu, here is the list of my books for 2008. I'm going to aim for 100 in 2009. So if you have suggestions, I'm all ears. I have 2 on the go at the moment.... Physik by Angie Sage, and Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
  • (#19) Flyte, Angie Sage (12/08)
  • (#18) The Golden Compass, Philip Pullman (10/08)
  • (#17) Magyk, Angie Sage (10/08)
  • (#16) The Mark of the Crown, Jude Watson (9/08)
  • (#15) The Hidden Past, Jude Watson (9/08)
  • (#14) Dark Rival, Jude Watson (9/08)
  • (#13) Rising Force, Dave Wolverton (9/08)
  • (#12) The Trail of the Jedi, Jude Watson (8/08)
  • (#11) The Way of the Apprentice by Jude Watson (8/08)
  • (#10) Lindsey, Chryssa Atkinson (8/08)
  • (#9) Meet Felicity, Valerie Tripp (8/08)
  • (#8) The Trojan Horse, by Emily Little (8/08)
  • (#7) The Alchemist, Paul Coelho (8/08)
  • (#6) Meet Kaya, Janet Shaw (7/08)
  • (#5) Samantha's Surprise, Susan S. Adler (7/08)
  • (#4) Happy Birthday Samantha, Valerie Tripp (7/08)
  • (#3) Meet Samantha (1904), Susan S. Alder (7/08)
  • (#2) Meet Kit (1934), Valerie Tripp (7/08)
  • (#1) Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami (7/08)
  • Quilter's Legacy by Jennifer Chiaverini (6/08)
  • Runaway Quilters by Jennifer Chiaverini (6/08)
  • Wicked by Gregory Maguire (5/08)
  • Miseducation: Preschoolers at Risk by David Elkind (4/08)
  • Cross Country Quilters by Jennifer Chiaverini (3/08)
  • Angels & Demons by Dan Brown (2/08)
I've set my mind to focusing more on my crafting activities and recording them too! This year as always will prove to have its challenges... but I'm looking forward to a fun and exciting year and hoping to get more fun activities done with my girls. We started one last night and we'll post the results on the Homeschool blog when it is done! So keep your eyes peeled for it! :)

I hope to post a little more often than I have been lately. I think the winding down of the Old Year leading into winter, then Christmas, then new Years and more winter always drag me down a little and I lose focus on my goals and ideas a little. But I'll be seeking suggestions and advice and sharing the things I've found over the coming year and hopefully having fun too! :)

Anyway.... before this gets too long (since there are no pretty pictures.... Happy New Year! :)

No comments: