Saturday, October 29, 2011

Farewell Dead Weight!

So now that the crafting frenzie of Halloween feels over, I can cruise into the Hallow and sail into that wonderful time of year to which I'm not a huge fan of.  Relatives come and go - though usually the same old suspects (no pun intended!) It has gotten to the point that I do the bare minimum of cleaning before they arrive - that is to say make it look neat, but don't go out of my kind of thing.  But now I have this urge to FALL clean - ya know I have to be different!  Most people Spring Clean, right.... but no, no, dear old me has FALL clean!  Maybe its a birth time of year thing or something.  Since I was born in the fall my time of renew is fall... (well that's my story! LOL!)

So, those of you that know me know that I have knit since I was 6, those of you that don't know me so well, know that I've knit as long as you've known me! LOL!  Without giving away my age, that's more than 30 yrs now.  A girl can collect a whole lotta yarn in that amount of time and a whole lotta ends of projects too!  A girl born of an 'affectionately named' packrat, could store a whole lotta leftover projects in (and out of!) various bins around the house and still never have enough yarn to knit with (we won't go into the fabric stash and toy collections, just yet, but their time is comin!!)  

Well I'm proud to say that I freecycled 3 boxes of only acrylic yarns just this morning!  YAY!  I'm so proud of me!  (<-favourite line from my favourite potty training book!)  Sadly though, it isn't enough the drawer that I'm deputizing to be my yarn stash (yes a SINGLE DRAWER!) is still not as threadbare as I'd like to see it! LOL!  Gads, did I really just say that?  I have at least 1/2 a drawer more of stuff that needs to go but I must first get over the fear of letting it go, that I won't miss it, the project it was intended for won't miss it either because it has been lost in the abyss of my mind! LOL!  It must depart my mortal hands and occupy someone elses!!

The key here is lightening the bulge around the house!  And one tiny project at a time is being accomplished!

No comments: